Friday, October 12, 2012

Charley Kate

So I kept telling myself that I would find/make the time to write a really good, detailed post about my baby girl's arrival. 
Obviously that is not happening.
Time is just not something I have a lot of nowadays. 
So here is a quick version of my day on August 27.

I was scheduled to be induced on August 27 if my baby dad not come before. Sure enough, August 26th came and went with no baby. So the morning of the 27th I called the labor and delivery unit at 6:00 a.m. to see if I could come in to have my baby. Unfortunately for me, they were too busy and said I would have to wait until later that afternoon. I cried when I hung up the phone. There was no way I was going to be able to fall back to sleep, but the thought of just sitting around all morning waiting for a phone call from L&D was unbearable. But wait I did. Three hours later the coveted phone call came in. I was to be to the hospital at 10:00 to start my labor. So we got ready, dropped Brooks off at the in-law's and were on our way to have a baby. After arriving at the hospital and getting checked in, my labor was induced. It was probably around 11:00. My doctor came in around 11:15 to break my water. Five minutes after getting my water broken, I was dying. My contractions were crazy hard real quick!! I got an epidural soon there after and from then on it was quick quick quick. I was complete and ready to push around 2:00. By 2:15 my little GIRL was born! Even though it was much faster than Brooks' delivery, I was so much more exhausted after. It was like my body had expended every bit of energy getting her here so fast. But she was so perfect and I was immediately so in love!

We all love our baby girl, especially her older brother! He is constantly getting in her face, kissing her and talking to her. It's pretty cute, but kinda not cause she's not the biggest fan. At least he doesn't dislike her like so many people told me he would.

Charley Kate
7 lbs 9 oz
19 in 





2 comments:

Lacey said...

Wow, that was a fast labor! She is so incredibly darling... well done mom and dad! So glad Brooks is adjusting so well... and no worries, Charley will learn to love him. :) Congrats!!!

Shels said...

what a doll. Glad everything went ok. You are such a cute momma